Saved from something like Regret

Friday, June 26, 2009

Messy Eating

Sophia seems like she is getting worse at eating. I mean, she gets the spoon in her mouth, usually with at least some of the food, but is always way more of a mess than she was when she first started eating.













The food is all over her tray, all over her bib, all over her face! And now I find it in her hair, under her chin (usually a few hours to a day later),on her clothes, underneath the tray, on the back of the high chair, on the floor, on the chair her chair sits on, and on myself.

I always wondered why people's kids still had remnants of food on themselves. I wondered why they didn't take time to clean the high chair or the floor around it. Well, now I know. Some days it feels like, "What's the point? She'll just get it dirty again a couple of hours later." And sometimes I can't see the food on her face until it's dried and crusted on. Then she gets so irritated with me rubbing it off, I just sometimes leave it.

At least she seems to be enjoying herself! I've been a bit of a slacker when it comes to introducing new foods, but so far she's had rice cereal, kumara, and banana. She's a true Kiwi enjoying her kumara! Kumara is kind of like sweet potatoes, but there are several different varieties. It's very yummy!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 26/6/09 4:39 AM, Blogger Travis said...

I think you meant "Kumara", not "Kumera." If you can point out the faulty math in my posts I'm assuming it's okay to point out the faulty spellings in your. ;-)

Love ya babe.

 
At 26/6/09 4:10 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

There ya go Trav. :) I did look it up and some people spell it the way I did, but I changed it for you. :)

 
At 1/7/09 6:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mike's mom totally has that little vegetable placemat thing! Waylon (his nephew) LOVES it. Actually, he only likes the blueberries. That's so funny that you have it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home